1. Contest will run from October 1- 31, 2005
2. Contest is open to any Philippine resident and at least 13 years old.
3. Stories submitted should follow the theme of the book - True Philippine Ghost Stories.
4. Length of the story should not exceed 2,000 words.
5. Stories must be in English or Taglish
6. Entries can be submitted in the following formats.
a) Manuscripts - must be typed, double-spaced on 8.5 in x 11 in paper.
b) Diskette / CD format
7. Entries should indicate author's name, signature, home address and contact numbers.
8. Stories should be original and must have never been published before.
9. Judges will be the editors of PSICOM PUBLISHING INC.
10. Entries will be judged based on:
Originality - 40%
Creativity / (Scare Factor) - 40%
Grammar/Spelling - 20%
11. There will be 3 winners. Prizes are the following:
1st Prize : P 5,000 cash
2nd Prize: P 3,000 cash
3rd Prize: P 2,000 cash
12. All winners will be notified by phone and through registered mail.
13. Metro Manila winners can claim prizes at PSICOM Publishing Inc. office at
6 Yale St. Cubao, Quezon City on Nov. 29, 2005. For provincial winners, cash prize will be converted to postal money order for the account of the winning participant.
14. Deadline for submission of entries through mail will be on Nov. 7, 2005 at
6pm. For participants who will submit entries at the Customer Service Desk
of National Bookstore, deadline of submission will be at the closing store
hours on October 31, 2005.
15. All entries will become the property of PSICOM Publishing Inc. and may be
used for future publications.
16. A participant can only win once.
17. Employees of National Book Store and PSICOM Publishing Inc. and their
relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity are not entitled to join the contest.
For details, log on to http://www.psicompublishing.com/forum
Posted by psicom at 1:35 PM